A Memorandum of Loss is the legal instrument to be prepared and registered against a registered title document that has been lost or permanently misplaced.
Thus, if your Certificate of Occupancy (Federal or State), Land Certificate, Governor’s Consent, Crown Grant, or any other registered title document has been lost or misplaced, a MEMORANDUM OF LOSS is the legal instrument to be prepared and registered against the document at the Lands Registry of the state where the property is located.
Read also; Sell yourself first
REQUIREMENT FOR A MEMORANDUM OF LOSS
1) Four Passport photographs of the owner of the property
2) Affidavit of purpose stating the facts of the loss and that the property has not been sold or mortgaged
3) Newspaper publication (original)
4) CTC of the Registered Title
5) Registration Fee
6) Police Report
7) Stamp Duty (To be advised by the Commissioner for Stamp Duties Office, Lands Bureau)
8) Administrative Fee
If you have misplaced any land title document, or you require more information, please contact me
Feel free to share among family, friends, colleagues, and associates. Thank you.